Food is fuel for our body. The calories in food are literally energy – like gas for our cars. Just like our gas tank runs out of fuel, so does our body, so we periodically have to refill it. Keep your motor running by:
- Eating breakfast within approximatey 1 hour of waking up – start your engine!
- Eat a meal or snack every 3-4ish hours to keep your blood sugar stable.
- Combine carbohydrate, protein and fat for energy and satiety.
- Eat what you are hungry for.
- Let your hunger/satiety cues tell you how much you need to eat – listen to your body!
When food is being used as fuel it satisfies our body's needs. It also allows us to get our emotional needs met in other ways.