Today, I wanted to share my favorite tips to help you improve your body image (that actually work).
One of my favorite podcasters and business coaches, Amy Porterfield, says that sometimes we have to DSD – Do Something Different – in order to grow.
This really resonates with me, because so much of the process of what I teach – i.e. making peace with food and our bodies – means that we must DSD and get uncomfortable to heal because we are up against diet culture.
Every year there is a fundraising walk where I live in Kansas City for an organization called the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA).
It’s a wonderful event, and it’s so cool to see the community come together to rally in support of people who are healing from eating disorders and disordered eating. I was honored to give a speech at this year’s NEDA Walk – and the topic I chose was body image.
This speech was me doing something different and getting out of my comfort zone.
In it, I went into detail about my 4 best tips – that are surprisingly effective – to improve body image.
In short, they are:
- Curate your social media feed!
- Get rid of the scale
- Wear clothes that fit your body now
- Change your inner dialogue about your body
And guess what?
I filmed this speech and turned it into a podcast episode, so you can listen to it now!
In episode 45 of the Rebuilding Trust with Your Body podcast you’ll hear:
- More detail about my 4 surprisingly effective tips for improving your body image
- The social media game-changer that will help you rethink the way you scroll
- How ALL of us can help prevent eating disorders
- An important mental shift that will change how you feel about your body
I hope that this episode inspires YOU to get out of your comfort zone as you are working on rebuilding trust with your body and learning to feel more comfortable in your own skin.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE NOW:
Search for episode 45 – 4 Surprisingly Effective Tips for Improving Body Image
Links mentioned in this episode:
Rate, Review, & Follow!
“What I didn’t know I needed! This podcast really helped me understand intuitive eating and how to incorporate it in my life. Katy’s approach to helping us understand and trust our bodies is like nothing I’ve ever seen before.”
If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — move toward healing their relationship with food and their body image.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, make sure you follow the Rebuilding Trust with Your Body podcast. If you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on value-packed episodes each week.
Let’s get connected!
Looking for more support on your journey to food freedom and body acceptance?
- Join my Facebook group & community “Intuitive Eating Made Easy”
- Take my FREE quiz “What’s Your Unique Path to Food Freedom?”
- Save $120 on HelloFresh, my fav food delivery service!
- Check out my course, Non-Diet Academy