Today we’re going to be talking about alcohol, and where it fits in with our relationship with food.
It’s so interesting how we relate to alcohol, and the way that our behaviors with it can be really automatic or situational. There are certain situations where I just associate it with drinking, so if I’m watching Iowa State or the Kansas City Chiefs play football for example, I’m probably going to want a beer because that’s what I usually do when I watch football. My brain has created an if-this/then-that scenario.
We do this with food too, don’t we? It’s so interesting how many parallels there are in our relationship with food and our relationship with alcohol.
This came up recently in my FB group – it’s called Intuitive Eating Made Easy and it’s such an awesome community.
That’s when today’s guest, Lauren Eisleben and I got to talking because this is her area of expertise as a therapist, and she graciously volunteered to come on the podcast to chat about our relationship with alcohol, and how it’s both similar and different to our relationship with food.
Here’s a sneak peek of what’s in store for this conversation:
- Should we approach alcohol the same way we approach food within the intuitive eating framework? Or are there differences? Should you allow yourself to have as much as you want, or are there certain boundaries that are helpful with alcohol?
- How do you know if you have a “problem” with alcohol? And is sobriety the only solution?
- Is not letting yourself drink a form of restriction? And will it backfire like dieting does?
Whether you’re a seasoned cocktail enthusiast or someone who’s curious about finding their place within the world of alcohol, this episode is packed with laughter, insights, and actionable tips to embrace your relationship with alcohol authentically.
Go ahead and hit play and see what bubbles up for you. Cheers to curiosity and compassion with ourselves as we talk about these tricky topics!
Did you know you can listen to all this information in audio format?
Let’s get connected!
Looking for more support on your journey to food freedom and body acceptance?
- Join my Facebook group & community “Intuitive Eating Made Easy”
- Take my FREE quiz “What’s Your Unique Path to Food Freedom?”
- Save $120 on HelloFresh, my fav food delivery service!
- Check out my course, Non-Diet Academy