If exercise has ever felt like a chore or something you “should” do to burn calories and lose weight, you’re not alone. Our culture has taught us to think of exercise as basically a moral obligation. (Cue the guilt, which is totally unhelpful.)
Recently I sat down with non-diet personal trainer Andrea Troughton, and we talked about finding pleasure and empowerment with moving our bodies. Together, we talked about strategies for infusing joy into your physical activities, no matter your fitness level or abilities (and even if you hate sweating). You’ll walk away from this conversation with practical ideas for treating your body with love, respect, and appreciation during movement.
In this episode, we explore the incredible benefits of joyful movement beyond physical fitness. We talked about how it positively impacts our mental well-being, boosts our self-esteem, and ignites our zest for life. It’s about cultivating a positive relationship with our bodies and experiencing a profound sense of fulfillment.
In this episode you’ll also hear:
- The importance of finding your WHY when it comes to movement (and disconnecting it from being about burning calories and losing weight).
- How to find an activity you enjoy – even if you’ve never liked exercise before.
- The biggest mindset mistakes that Andrea sees people making when it comes to fitness, and how to shift to a mentality of empowerment and fulfillment with movement.
Whether you’re an athlete looking for a fresh perspective, a busy professional in need of an energy boost, or simply someone seeking a deeper connection with your body, this episode is for you.
Join me as we unlock the transformative power of joyful movement and empower ourselves to live a more vibrant life.
Get ready to dance, stretch, and celebrate the sheer magic of moving your body. Together, we’ll embrace our inner strength through the power of joyful movement. So, grab your sneakers, loosen those muscles, and let’s embark on this exhilarating journey of self-discovery and empowerment through movement.
- Follow Andrea Troughton on IG
- Join my FB Group Intuitive Eating Made Easy
- Book – Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily Nagoski, PhD
Did you know you can listen to all this information in audio format?
I covered it all in Episode 84 – From Dread to Delight: Transforming Your Relationship With Exercise
Let’s get connected!
Looking for more support on your journey to food freedom and body acceptance?
- Join my Facebook group & community “Intuitive Eating Made Easy”
- Take my FREE quiz “What’s Your Unique Path to Food Freedom?”
- Save $120 on HelloFresh, my fav food delivery service!
- Check out my course, Non-Diet Academy