There is a fine line in recovery between discipline and intuition. Yes, intuitive eating and intuitive movement and intuitive self-care are all great and necessary for recovery.
Yet, at the same time, if we only apply intuition without intellect or discipline, we succumb only to our whims, which if done too often leads us on a path to nowhere.
This is where discipline comes in:
- Discipline to make eating at regular intervals a priority.
- Discipline to include carb, protein AND fat with your meals.
- Discipline to attend your therapist and dietitian appointments.
- Discipline to regularly and consistently do the “deep work” of exploring your feelings.
- Discipline to move your body in life enhancing ways.
- Discipline to take rest days.
All of this Even When You Don’t Want To.