I’m a big fan of journaling – for clients, and for myself.
Sometimes I like to do a narrative journal entry where I just sit down and start writing about whatever is on my mind, but a lot of times it turns into lists and bullet points along the way as my thoughts get more organized.
There is certainly value in narrative style journaling, especially for people enjoy writing that way and are poetic in their words.
Sometimes, though, I like having prompts or ways to categorize my thinking.
So here are a few journal prompts for you to use:
- What does your eating disorder take away from you?
- What does your eating disorder give you?
- What evidence do you have of your own goodness as a human being?
- What are 3 difficulties you have overcome in your life?
- What are 3 next steps you choose to take for your recovery?
I’d love to read your responses if you are open to sharing. Email them to me. I will read and respond to all emails.