I can’t answer that question.
I don’t know how long it will take you to recover.
Here are some things I do know:
- There is no standard way to recover, no specific order in which steps must be taken, no one path to get there. It is different for each person.
- Full recovery is possible. If I didn’t believe this, I wouldn’t do the work I do. I will hold this hope for all of my clients until they can see it and believe it for themselves.
- For most people, it takes years to fully recover. There is no quick fix. During these years, the self discoveries made and lessons learned are priceless.
- Recovery is never a straight line. It is a journey that meanders. There will be ups, downs, plateaus, times of accelerated growth, and times where progress seems to have stalled out. It’s all part of the process.
- Recovery is really really hard. And totally worth it.
So instead of asking, “How long will this take?”, the more important question is, “What should I do right now?”