How often do you get to hear the secrets the diet industry doesn’t want you to know, from an employee INSIDE a diet company?
Boy, oh boy, do I have a treat for you. I was recently lucky enough to get the inside scoop about what diet companies aren’t telling consumers, and it’s juicy.
You see, the diet industry might be toxic in some ways, but to their credit these companies are VERY good at marketing and giving people what they want (even if it’s not actually what they need).
This is why I was so excited to chat on my podcast with “Nicole” (not her real name, we are protecting her job) and she spilled the tea about what it’s like to work for a large diet company.
On Episode 30 of the Rebuilding Trust with Your Body podcast, I asked her things like:
- What’s one thing most people don’t realize about diet companies?
- What would you do differently if you were CEO?
- How has dieting impacted your relationship with food?
One of the things she shared was a big “ah-ha” moment for me personally. And I can’t wait to share it with you.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE NOW:
Search for episode 30 – Secrets From Inside the Diet Industry…From Someone Who Works for a Diet Company (And What She’d Change)
Here’s a glance at this episode…
[00:01 – 05:02] The Shift In Focus For Eating Disorder and Trauma Recovery
- Nicole shares her experience with treatment for an eating disorder and her trauma recovery
[05:03 – 26:00] Change of Perspective On Weight Loss
- Nicole discusses her experience with an eating disorder and her transition into treatment
- It led to a change of perspective on weight loss
- She believes that the industry is driven by consumer brand
- Weight loss should not be based on a calorie deficit
- It should be based on an intuitive eating approach
[26:01 – 29:45] Mindfulness and Care With The Intuitive Eating
- Intuitive eating is a way of eating that focuses on listening to and caring for one’s body
- It is a key part of her recovery
- She recommends yoga and meditation as ways to connect with and care for one’s body
[29:46 – 38:44] Wrapping up!
- Nicole discusses how emotions can be uncomfortable, but they are ultimately beneficial if we allow ourselves to experience them
“I was very unaware of anything that was going on in my body. I had no idea and the process of treatment, the different things that we did, the different tools that we used, helped me come into my body and notice what’s going on and honor that. That gave me a level of self-awareness that is priceless.” – Nicole
“If we can start looking at food the way our body looks at food, I think that would be a lot more helpful.” – Nicole
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Rate, Review, & Follow!
“What I didn’t know I needed! This podcast really helped me understand intuitive eating and how to incorporate it in my life. Katy’s approach to helping us understand and trust our bodies is like nothing I’ve ever seen before.”
If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — move toward healing their relationship with food and their body image.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, make sure you follow the Rebuilding Trust with Your Body podcast. If you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on value-packed episodes each week.
Let’s get connected!
Looking for more support on your journey to food freedom and body acceptance?
- Join my Facebook group & community “Intuitive Eating Made Easy”
- Take my FREE quiz “What’s Your Unique Path to Food Freedom?”
- Save $120 on HelloFresh, my fav food delivery service!
- Check out my course, Non-Diet Academy