What are the fantasies you are holding on to about being thin? To help identify them, fill in the blank:
"When I'm thin ________."
Some common responses are:
- I will be more confident
- others will like me more
- I will have the life I always wanted
- I will accept my body and treat it kindly
- I will attend social events
- I will get noticed
- my boss will take me more seriously
- I will be attractive enough to go on a date
- my parents will notice me
- I will have more friends
What is ultimately behind most people's desire to be thin is a desire for love and acceptance.
The myth is that thinness makes you worthy of love and acceptance. Reality is that you already are.
+ view comments . . .