Today on the show I have a special guest named Heather Lasco, a fellow registered dietitian, and we are talking about so many things related to our relationship with food and our bodies. Heather is such a wealth of knowledge and wisdom and I know you’re going to learn a ton from her.
Heather is a Registered Dietitian who is passionate about helping people develop a healthy and confident relationship with food and their bodies. She is the director and founder of Confidently NourishED, a virtual outpatient private practice. Heather and her team of RD’s provide inclusive and compassionate nutrition care for those in eating disorder recovery or for anyone interested in a weight-inclusive approach to nutrition.
You’ll hear us talk about:
1. The overlap between dieting, disordered eating and eating disorders (and some surprising insights about common misconceptions about why these issues with food tend to get overlooked).
2. Body liberation as a powerful tool to help you navigate body image struggles, and why body positivity tends to fall short.
3. What to do if you’re feeling “stuck” in your process of finding peace with food. Maybe you’ve realized that dieting doesn’t work, and you’re listening to your body with food, but you still aren’t happy with your body and you don’t know what to do.
4. And finally, we talk about how to explore your relationship with alcohol alongside food, and some key differences in how to think about alcohol vs food when it comes to giving yourself unconditional permission.
There’s SO much richness to this episode and I can’t wait for you to hear it.
Search for Episode 98-From Disordered to Recovered: Healing Your Relationship with Food, Body Image and Alcohol with Heather Lasco
Let’s get connected!
Looking for more support on your journey to food freedom and body acceptance?
- Join my Facebook group & community “Intuitive Eating Made Easy”
- Take my FREE quiz “What’s Your Unique Path to Food Freedom?”
- Save $120 on HelloFresh, my fav food delivery service!
- Check out my course, Non-Diet Academy