We’re going to be diving into the difference between fullness and satiety, and how knowing the difference will help you make strategic decisions with food without sacrificing satisfaction. This is an example of how nutrition science and gentle nutrition can help you take care of your body (without dieting or restricting).
Now, you might be thinking, “Aren’t fullness and satiety the same thing?” Well, not exactly. Fullness is the feeling of having a certain quantity of food in your stomach. Satiety, on the other hand, is the feeling of being content and no longer hungry. You can be physically full but still unsatisfied and wanting to eat more; or you can feel satisfied and not need to eat more even if you’re not physically full. If your head is spinning, don’t worry. I’m going to break this all down for you with examples so you can see exactly how it works.
In this episode you’ll learn:
1. The must-know differences between fullness and satiety
2. How different foods will influence your fullness vs satiety
3. What to do if you’re full (but not satisfied) and want to keep eating
If you’re ready to feel more confident and empowered in your food choices, hit play and let’s dive in!
Grab my free hunger and fullness guide!
Did you know you can listen to all this information in audio format?
I covered it all in episode 79 How to Avoid the Food Coma: The Fullness vs Satiety Showdown, Y’all!
Search for Episode 79 – How to Avoid the Food Coma: The Fullness vs Satiety Showdown, Y’all!
Let’s get connected!
Looking for more support on your journey to food freedom and body acceptance?
- Join my Facebook group & community “Intuitive Eating Made Easy”
- Take my FREE quiz “What’s Your Unique Path to Food Freedom?”
- Save $120 on HelloFresh, my fav food delivery service!
- Check out my course, Non-Diet Academy