What are the judgments you make about people of higher weights? Perhaps you think they are:
- Overweight (although I challenge over WHAT weight?)
- Lacking self control/willpower
Chances are these are the things you fear in yourself. And you subconsciously assume that if you were to gain weight you'd be these things.
But what if the reason for a person's weight is that he/she:
- is at his/her genetically predetermined weight
- has an eating disorder
- suffers from a medical condition that causes weight gain
- takes medication with a side effect of weight gain
- has yo-yo dieted his/her entire life, producing decreased metabolism and weight gain
- suffered a trauma that caused him/her to use food as a coping mechanism
Kind of makes you think, huh? When we stop judging others we are able to see them as human beings rather than objects in our way.