My son is only 8 months old but I am already thinking about how I will teach him to love his body and to be accepting of other people regardless of their shape and size.
- You don't have to be thin, big, lean, cut, muscular or whatever the body ideal du jour is. You are still a valuable person regardless of your appearance.
- Society's standards of beauty and attractiveness are unrealistic, for both guys and girls. Don't try to live up to these standards.
- What you see online and in social media isn't necessarily real. People alter their appearance in photos, so it's not fair to compare yourself to those images. Also, don't alter your photos before posting them. Be your selfie 🙂
- Appreciate the things your body does for you. It's pretty cool when you think about it. Your body allows you to play, run, jump, swim, cuddle, give hugs, write, listen, think, see, and so many other things. Your body is amazing.
- It is important to be kind to your body and take care of it. This means that you need to fuel it with food, keep it clean by taking baths, and get plenty of rest.
- Bodies come in all shapes and sizes, that's part of what makes us special.Embrace how your body looks, and don't make judgments about other people based on their body. The world would be boring if we all looked the same.
+ view comments . . .